Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce from Swanson®
Want to impress your guests? Try this delectable one skillet dish featuring salmon fillets bathed in a creamy sauce flavored with garlic, shallots, white wine and fresh dill. Simple yet elegant, it's sure to be a hit!
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Swanson® Seafood Stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1. Season the fish with the salt and black pepper.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook for 1 minute. Remove the fish from the skillet. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- 3. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Stir in the wine and cook for 3 minutes or until the wine is almost evaporated. Stir in the stock and heavy cream and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to about 3/4 cup, stirring often. Stir in the dill.
- 5. Return the fish to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 395 kcal
carbohydrates: 3.1 g
protein: 29.2 g
saturated fat: 7.5 g
cholesterol: 104.2 mg
sodium: 302.4 mg
fiber: 0.1 g
sugar: 0.5 g