Reduced-Sugar Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Classic creme brulee gets a rich pumpkin twist with the help of pumpkin pie spice and a balance of both raw sugar and stevia.
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup Sugar In The Raw®
- ¼ cup Stevia In The Raw®
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar In The Raw®, or as needed
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine yolks, sugar, and stevia.
- 3. In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a simmer. Whisk into yolk mixture. Whisk in pumpkin, vanilla, and spices.
- 4. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring cup.
- 5. Divide mixture between six 6-ounce ramekins set in a roasting pan or other deep baking dish. Place pan in oven and pour in scalding hot water so it comes halfway up sides of dishes.
- 6. Bake until custards are set but jiggle slightly in the center, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- 7. Before serving, sprinkle custards with a layer of sugar and use a propane torch or broiler to caramelize sugar.
serving: 6 creme brulees
calories: 236.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 20.8 g
protein: 2.6 g
saturated fat: 10 g
cholesterol: 156.8 mg
sodium: 117.7 mg
fiber: 1.2 g
sugar: 15.7 g