Pork Chops with Apples, Onions, and Sweet Potatoes
This is so easy, so good, and so versatile! I've used pork chops with and without bones, pork loin, and pork roast. You can sprinkle the brown sugar, salt, and pepper on the different layers or all at the end, as mentioned in the recipe. Play around with the brown sugar and spices to your taste.
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 2 apples - peeled, cored, and sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste, and arrange in a medium oven safe skillet. Top pork chops with onions, sweet potatoes, and apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Season with 2 teaspoons pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until sweet potatoes are tender and pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).