Zippy Beef Casserole
A ground beef and macaroni casserole topped with potato chips. This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2. Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until evenly browned; drain. Stir in cooked macaroni, condensed soup, milk, and ketchup until well blended. Mix in the Cheddar cheese, green pepper, and minced onion. Season with salt, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- 3. Cover, and bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, sprinkle the top with potato chips, and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until chips are toasted.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 644.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 58.6 g
protein: 32.5 g
saturated fat: 12.5 g
cholesterol: 89.9 mg
sodium: 1808.7 mg
fiber: 3.2 g
sugar: 18.7 g