Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Recently I had to make some cookies for a party. Much to my dismay, I was out of chocolate chips and had one bag of peanut butter chips I didn't know what to do with. This recipe was (fortunately) a successful experiment as I crossed my favorite brownie and chocolate chip cookie recipes. My family likes it better than both. It tastes something like a peanut butter cup in cookie form.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Beat butter, shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the butter until completely blended, then beat in the vanilla with the second egg. Mix flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in another bowl; mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just incorporated. Fold in peanut butter chips, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- 3. Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set, about 8 minutes.
serving: 3 dozen cookies
calories: 149.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 18.6 g
protein: 3.1 g
saturated fat: 4.6 g
cholesterol: 17.1 mg
sodium: 66.6 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 12.3 g