Spicy Skillet Breakfast Scramble
This spicy breakfast hash is filling, versatile, and can be prepared vegetarian if omitting the bacon.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add hash browns and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and heated through, about 15 minutes. Use a spatula to break up potatoes into smaller pieces. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- 2. Place bacon in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Clean out the grease from the skillet.
- 3. Saute bell pepper in the skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to char, 5 to 7 minutes. Add jalapeno and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add hash browns and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and add eggs and bacon; stir until eggs are cooked, about 3 minutes. Add Cheddar, sour cream, and hot sauce.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 474.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.7 g
protein: 24.1 g
saturated fat: 9.6 g
cholesterol: 401.9 mg
sodium: 611.8 mg
fiber: 3.4 g
sugar: 2.9 g