Turkey Garbanzo Rice
Rice, beans and fideo were always a staple in my childhood home. My mother created endless combinations of unique meals for our entire family every day. I try to instill that family tradition in my son and create a variety of different meals with classic and new ingredients I find during my weekly grocery shopping trips.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast, chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (5.4 ounce) package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice
- ⅔ cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- ⅔ cup chopped tomato
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Season turkey with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook turkey, turning the pieces carefully to cook evenly. Add lime juice, stir and set aside.
- 2. Prepare Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Yellow Rice according to package instructions.
- 3. Stir in turkey, garbanzo beans and tomato and cover. Cook for 1 minute. Add avocado and parsley, remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
serving: 4 servings
calories: 545.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 44.7 g
protein: 39.3 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 85.1 mg
sodium: 623.3 mg
fiber: 6.8 g
sugar: 1.3 g