Rigatoni with a tomato cream sauce. Can be frozen.
- ¼ pound chopped prosciutto
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1. Drain roasted peppers, reserving a small amount of the liquid. Cut peppers into strips.
- 2. Combine prosciutto, cream, crushed tomatoes, vodka, roasted peppers with reserved liquid, parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt and black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 4. Stir cheese into the sauce. Stir sauce into rigatoni and top with peas.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 557.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 53.5 g
protein: 17.6 g
saturated fat: 17.5 g
cholesterol: 102.8 mg
sodium: 1214.3 mg
fiber: 4.4 g
sugar: 3.3 g