Ninety-Six Hour Cake
This is an easy, and unusual recipe that has been very popular at our house. You can use a white cake or yellow cake. Be sure to cut it with a sharp knife.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (14 ounce) packages flaked coconut
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for 2 - 9 inch layers. Cool cake completely.
- 2. With a long serrated knife, cut each layer in half horizontally to make 4 layers. set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, sour cream, and coconut. Spread between layers, and on top, but not on the sides of cake. Place in large container with cover, or wrap in plastic, and place in refrigerator for four days before serving.
serving: 1 - 4 layer 9 inch cake
calories: 606.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 79.6 g
protein: 5.2 g
saturated fat: 23 g
cholesterol: 17.7 mg
sodium: 489.7 mg
fiber: 6.9 g
sugar: 53 g