Coconut Oil Sugar Cookies
This is a variation on the sugar cookie using coconut oil. It tastes similar to a shortbread cookie, but they are very moist and delicious. Roll tops of cookies in sugar and/or colored sugar before baking for a festive treat. Cinnamon and sugar works well, too.
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet lightly.
- 2. Beat sugar, butter, and coconut oil together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda gradually; mix until dough just comes together. Mix dough with hands to fully incorporate ingredients. Roll dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until cookie tops are cracked, 10 to 12 minutes.