Strawberry Cake and Frosting II
This rich cake can be made with any kind of fruit, I have used oranges and cherries, just substitute the flavor of gelatin to match the fruit.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ¼ cup mashed strawberries
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup mashed strawberries, oil, eggs and sweetened condensed milk. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and chopped nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- 4. To make the frosting: In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, melted margarine, 1/4 cup mashed strawberries and 1/4 cup coconut. Beat until smooth and spread over cake.
serving: 1 - 9x13 inch pan
calories: 722.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 93 g
protein: 6.8 g
saturated fat: 7.6 g
cholesterol: 66.3 mg
sodium: 452.5 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 80.3 g