My Favorite Sloppy Joes
This is my go-to sloppy joe recipe. Liquid smoke is the key ingredient here.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Mix ketchup, dried onion, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, smoke flavoring, and garlic into beef, stirring until brown sugar has dissolved.
- 2. Stir beef broth into beef mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 247.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 19.6 g
protein: 16.1 g
saturated fat: 4 g
cholesterol: 49.6 mg
sodium: 743.4 mg
fiber: 0.3 g
sugar: 16.9 g