Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie Logs
Delicious shortbread logs with chocolate chips in the cookie and dipped in chocolate and nuts on the end.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- 2. Cream together butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Mix in the flour, and then one cup of the chocolate chips. Shape dough into 2x1/2 inch logs. Place logs 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes in preheated oven, or until firm. Let cookies cool completely before removing from pan (shortbread is brittle).
- 4. Melt the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and shortening over a double boiler, stirring frequently until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into the chocolate, then into the nuts. Place onto waxed paper until set.
serving: 4 dozen
calories: 107 kcal
carbohydrates: 10.1 g
protein: 1.2 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 10.2 mg
sodium: 28.2 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 5.3 g