This is the best dish for tea time.
- cooking spray
- 6 pods durian, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- salt, or to taste
- 1. Lightly grease a deep 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine chopped durian flesh and coconut milk in a bowl.
- 3. Mix flour, water, eggs, sugar, and salt together in another bowl; mix until well-blended. Add durian mixture and mix until combined. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- 4. Set a round rack in a steamer or large wok or deep skillet over high heat. Pour in water to about 1/2 inch below the rack; bring to a boil.
- 5. Place cake pan on rack and cover or tent with aluminum foil, sealing edges tightly. Steam, replenishing boiling water as needed, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Carefully remove and let cool before cutting.
serving: 1 9-inch cake
calories: 446.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 79.4 g
protein: 10.5 g
saturated fat: 6.2 g
cholesterol: 93 mg
sodium: 186.4 mg
fiber: 2.8 g
sugar: 25.3 g