Mushroom and Chicken Crepe Packets
This crepe recipe is a good use for your leftover rotisserie chicken.
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, or as needed
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine milk, flour, eggs, and salt in an electric blender; blend until smooth. Set crepe batter aside for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 3. Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into the skillet and immediately rotate the skillet to spread batter out in a thin layer. Cook until the top of the crepe is no longer wet and the bottom has turned light brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Run a spatula around the edge of the skillet to loosen crepe; flip crepe and cook until the other side has turned light brown, about 1 minute more. Transfer crepe to a plate and continue with remaining batter.
- 4. Heat another skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until flavor releases, about 30 seconds. Stir in ricotta cheese and cream cheese until melted and well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spread a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan cheese in the middle of each crepe. Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken-mushroom mixture onto each crepe. Fold sides in to make a packet. Place the crepes folded-side-down in the prepared baking pan.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- 7. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth and cook until slightly thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in parsley. Remove crepe packets from the oven; spoon gravy on top.
serving: 10 packets
calories: 365.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 21.5 g
protein: 32.7 g
saturated fat: 7.4 g
cholesterol: 198.9 mg
sodium: 1020 mg
fiber: 1.3 g
sugar: 4.3 g