Quick Brown Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
This flavorful rice pilaf made with Minute® Brown Rice, mushrooms, onions, celery and chicken broth, is wonderful paired with chicken or pork.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups Minute® Brown Rice, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1. Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth; stir. Bring to boil.
- 3. Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add walnuts and parsley; mix lightly.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 163.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 19.7 g
protein: 3.4 g
saturated fat: 0.9 g
cholesterol: 1.1 mg
sodium: 227.3 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 1.1 g