Josephine's No-Bake Granola Bars
A quick and yummy way to start the morning. You probably have all the ingredients right in your pantry. You can use your imagination to add other dried fruits, sesame seed, or other nuts, wheat germ, etc. Maple syrup or light corn syrup can work as sweetener substitutes for the honey.
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1. Lightly grease an 8-inch glass baking dish.
- 2. Bring brown sugar and honey to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir peanut butter and vanilla into the sugar mixture.
- 3. Mix oats, rice cereal, raisins, coconut, and sunflower nuts in a large bowl; add peanut butter mixture and blend. Press mixture into the prepared pan.
- 4. Cool mixture completely before cutting into bars.
serving: 12 bars
calories: 341.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 47.1 g
protein: 8.7 g
saturated fat: 3.5 g
sodium: 139.8 mg
fiber: 3.6 g
sugar: 31.3 g