Mango-Lime Shredded Chicken Tacos
I put a little spin on a family favorite. While this chicken filling is simmering I fry my corn tortillas until they are nice and crispy! If you like sweet and spicy together, this is a great dinner idea! Fill shells with chicken, lettuce, tomato, fresh cilantro, and your choice of hot sauce. Enjoy!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large Anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can peeled whole plum tomatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup diced mango
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Pasilla chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1. Place chicken into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a work surface to cool; shred.
- 2. Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, Anaheim pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic until slightly softened and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Add shredded chicken, chicken stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, mango, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, black pepper, sugar, and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken filling is reduced, at least 45 minutes.
- 3. Fill corn tortillas with chicken filling.
serving: 16 tacos
calories: 222.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 32.7 g
protein: 15.4 g
saturated fat: 0.7 g
cholesterol: 29.4 mg
sodium: 718.8 mg
fiber: 5.4 g
sugar: 4.8 g