Taco Beef and Pasta
This is a low fat and deliciously filling meal with lots of flavor . Serve with crusty bread and a tossed green salad.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds top round steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl roll beef strips in the taco seasoning until coated. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Saute beef and garlic until beef is no longer pink; about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3. Mix together in skillet the cooked pasta, black beans, salsa and water; cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Combine with beef in a large bowl and serve sprinkled with cilantro.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 425.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.3 g
protein: 32.9 g
saturated fat: 3.4 g
cholesterol: 60.5 mg
sodium: 1197.3 mg
fiber: 6.5 g
sugar: 4.9 g