Garbage Fried Potatoes
These are your basic fried potatoes - with a few extras! Total time depends on your own speed to peel and slice potatoes and such, and how crispy you like them. My mom always calls them 'Garbage Potatoes' because you just throw in a bunch of junk. If you don't like peppers, don't use them - throw in something else that you like.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you think they are about halfway done. Mix in the onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and green pepper. Continue to cook and stir until potatoes are golden brown and somewhat crisp, about 15 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.