A delightful take on chicken with fresh raspberries and oranges, this recipe is special enough for company or casual dinners with the family. My husband and daughter are raspberry fanatics and say my take on this recipe is fantastic. A frequent request for anyone coming to my home for dinner.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1. Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear, and cook until browned on both sides and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet; stir in onion and cook until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in red wine vinegar, orange juice, and chicken broth; increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch and water mixture, and cook until the sauce thickens and turns clear, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the raspberries and orange segments; cook for 2 minutes until softened. Add the chicken breasts to the sauce, and cook to reheat. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over it.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 251.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 16.3 g
protein: 26 g
saturated fat: 4.5 g
cholesterol: 83 mg
sodium: 114.9 mg
fiber: 3.5 g
sugar: 7.5 g