Creamy Corn Soup with Crispy Bacon
Warm up with a soup so creamy no one will believe it's dairy-free. For extra creaminess use any Almond Breeze Almond-Cashew Blend instead of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original.
- 4 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original OR any Almond Breeze Almond-Cashew Blend
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon
- Basil leaves for garnish
- 1. Shuck the corn. Break each ear in half. Standing each one vertically on a cutting board, use a serrated knife to cut off the kernels. Save the cobs.
- 2. In a pot, combine the corn, cobs, potato, almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and some freshly ground pepper. Simmer until the potatoes are soft (there's a big range for exactly how long this will be - once the pot is boiling, figure somewhere around 10 minutes and taste 'em as you go.) Remove and discard the corn cobs. Transfer the soup to a blender and puree. Strain back into the pot. Taste for salt, adding more if needed.
- 3. While the soup is simmering, cook the bacon until crispy in a hot frying pan or a 400 degrees F oven. Cut each slice in half. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each with 3 half slices of bacon and basil leaves.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 307.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.9 g
protein: 12 g
saturated fat: 2.2 g
cholesterol: 15.1 mg
sodium: 510.3 mg
fiber: 5.6 g
sugar: 4.8 g