Speedy Chicken, Feta, and Orzo Salad
During the hectic workweek, this speedy, delicious cold pasta salad is sure to please! A fresh blend of tomatoes, grilled chicken, herbs, and feta pairs well with warm, rustic bread. Goat cheese (herbed or plain) or buffalo mozzarella work well too.
- 1 ¼ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 cups chopped grilled chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, or to taste
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Combine orzo, chicken, tomatoes, red onion, basil, and oregano in a large bowl.
- 3. Whisk vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Drizzle over the pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with olives and feta cheese.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 369 kcal
carbohydrates: 34.8 g
protein: 26.6 g
saturated fat: 3.8 g
cholesterol: 60.9 mg
sodium: 275.3 mg
fiber: 2.1 g
sugar: 2.4 g