These bonbons are wonderful Christmas gifts when wrapped in plastic wrap with a ribbon.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand®)
- ⅓ cup coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua®)
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, or as needed
- 1. Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 2. Stir egg yolks, 1 at a time, into chocolate until evenly mixed. Pour sweetened condensed milk into chocolate mixture and stir until blended; add coffee-flavored liqueur and return double boiler to heat. Simmer until mixture is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer; beat in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until fluffy. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill, 4 hours to overnight.
- 4. Roll mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Pour cocoa powder into a small bowl; roll balls in cocoa powder until coated. Arrange balls on a plate and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
serving: 3 dozen truffles
calories: 80.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 8.4 g
protein: 0.8 g
saturated fat: 3 g
cholesterol: 16.9 mg
sodium: 17.4 mg
fiber: 0.6 g
sugar: 7.5 g