Beef Enchilada Dip
I kind of invented this recipe based on how I make my enchilada sauce. I always want to dip my chips in the sauce, so I turned it into a dip! Serve with tortilla chips and/or Fritos®. It is good in tortillas as well.
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¼ onion, chopped, or more to taste
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add water and taco seasoning; cook and stir until water is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Mix enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom soup, and Cheddar cheese together in a slow cooker; turn on High. Add ground beef mixture to enchilada sauce mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to bubble, 15 to 20 minutes. Decrease heat to Low or 'Keep Warm' setting to serve.
serving: 10 servings
calories: 178.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.9 g
protein: 7.6 g
saturated fat: 3.9 g
cholesterol: 21.1 mg
sodium: 859 mg
fiber: 0.9 g
sugar: 2.1 g