Aunt Jewel's Chicken Dressing Casserole
True Southern chicken and dressing recipe. Handed down from my great-great-aunt. Easy and delicious.
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can milk
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 1. Place chicken in a large saucepan full of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil; boil for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear). Remove chicken from pan, reserving broth. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3. In a medium bowl mix together cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup. Fill one empty soup can with milk, and mix milk with soups. Pour mixture over chicken. In a small bowl combine stuffing and broth; mix together and spoon mixture over casserole.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 235.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.8 g
protein: 29.5 g
saturated fat: 1.5 g
cholesterol: 73.4 mg
sodium: 745 mg
fiber: 2.2 g
sugar: 2.5 g