Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
This is my husband's favorite recipe. Someone brought this to my Grandpa's funeral in 1968, and I've been making it since. The dark fudge cake over the hot pudding is delicious served with whipped cream or ice cream. This is very rich and will be loved by chocolate lovers!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups hot water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- 3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, white sugar, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 4. Stir in milk and butter until smooth.
- 5. Fold in walnuts until just combined.
- 6. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- 7. Mix 1/4 cup cocoa and brown sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture on top of the batter.
- 8. Pour hot water over the batter.
- 9. Bake in the preheated oven until the center of the cake is almost set, about 45 minutes. Brown sugar, cocoa, and hot water will combine to form a chocolate sauce that will settle to the bottom of the cake during baking.
- 10. Best served warm.
serving: 1 9x9-inch cake
calories: 333.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 55.9 g
protein: 4.7 g
saturated fat: 2.9 g
cholesterol: 7.9 mg
sodium: 206.2 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 41.5 g