Broiled Filet Mignon
This broiled filet mignon is a delicious twist on a plain filet.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated shallot
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1. Set an oven rack about 3 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Lightly spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine brown sugar, horseradish, shallot, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3. Place steaks on the prepared broiler pan and spread 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture over top.
- 4. Broil in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn steaks, spread remaining brown sugar mixture over top, and broil to desired degree of doneness, 5 to 9 minutes longer.
serving: 4 steaks
calories: 249.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 7.8 g
protein: 32.4 g
saturated fat: 3.4 g
cholesterol: 89.5 mg
sodium: 92.5 mg
fiber: 0.3 g
sugar: 7.2 g