Naked Chicken Burrito Bowl
I love to eat at places like Qdoba® and Chipotle®, so I created my own chicken burrito at home, minus the tortilla! This is very easy for a weeknight meal and is very filling and healthy; the recipe can easily be increased for more people.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can white corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups cooked long-grain white rice
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ cup chopped lettuce
- ⅓ (8 ounce) jar salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 2. Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- 3. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cut chicken into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- 4. Warm corn and black beans in separate saucepans over medium-low heat, covered, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Layer cooked rice, corn, black beans, and chicken on 2 serving plates. Top with Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 894.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 114.8 g
protein: 55.8 g
saturated fat: 14.3 g
cholesterol: 117.6 mg
sodium: 1997.5 mg
fiber: 20.1 g
sugar: 8.5 g