Cheesy Cornbread Casserole
This Mexican-style casserole tastes just like homemade tamales, with just a fraction of the work.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Brown meat with onions and peppers in large skillet. Stir in next 4 ingredients; cook and stir 3 min. or until heated through. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Prepare muffin batter as directed on package; stir in cheese. Spread over meat mixture.
- 4. Bake 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread topping comes out clean. Cool slightly.
serving: 10 servings
calories: 296.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 21.8 g
protein: 16 g
saturated fat: 7.1 g
cholesterol: 50.5 mg
sodium: 562 mg
fiber: 2.3 g
sugar: 0.8 g