Papa's Vinegar Chicken
This is definitely NOT the healthiest way to grill chicken, but it's my grandfather's recipe and he's 92! My kids are the ones who have named this chicken -- they LOVE it!
- ½ cup margarine
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup salt
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1. Bring the margarine, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and salt to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until salt has dissolved, and add the chicken breast halves. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 3. Grill the chicken breasts on the preheated grill until the skin is browned, lightly charred in spots, and shows good grill marks, about 5 minutes per side.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 566.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 4.7 g
protein: 45.2 g
saturated fat: 7.2 g
cholesterol: 126.6 mg
sodium: 468.1 mg
sugar: 2.3 g