For years, my family and I have been searching for a good, traditional-tasting coquito recipe. After having tried the whole egg yolk thing, simply adding ingredients to regular eggnog, and others, I found the best-tasting to be the most basic. This recipe ensures everyone at the party gets a taste, but you may want to double the recipe, because most will not settle for just a shot's worth.
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut, shaken very well before opening
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, shaken very well before opening
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups rum (such as Bacardi®), or to taste
- 1. Add cinnamon to a large bottle or other container that can hold at least 8 cups using a funnel. Pour sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut, coconut milk, evaporated milk, and rum through the funnel. Shake or stir well to combine.
- 2. Refrigerate coquito until chilled, at least 1 hour. Shake or stir before serving.