Tropical Grilled Chicken Breast
Living in South Florida, I get to enjoy a diverse culture, from all the Latin and Caribbean influence down here. Friends and family all enjoy this simple recipe, hope you do to . . .
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, honey, and red pepper flakes in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 3. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place the chicken on the grill and cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Top with cilantro and serve.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 223.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 8.9 g
protein: 35.8 g
saturated fat: 1.2 g
cholesterol: 96.9 mg
sodium: 85.6 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 7.1 g