Grape Chicken Salad
Seasoned chopped chicken breast is mixed with grapes and celery in a creamy dressing and served on toasted Parker House rolls.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped celery
- ⅓ cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped finely
- ½ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons reserved chicken broth
- 1 cup green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) package Sister Schubert's Parker House Style Rolls, sliced in half and toasted*
- ¼ teaspoon tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Greek seasoning (Cavender's brand is a favorite)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Mist a baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- 3. Season chicken breasts with Sister's Season Mixture.
- 4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 5. Reserve 4 tablespoons pan juices. Chill chicken and chop coarsely.
- 6. In a mixing bowl, gently toss next 7 ingredients together with chicken, adding more mayonnaise if desired. Top each toasted rolls with a small amount of Gruyere and 1 tbsp of chicken salad for Sister Schubert's Parker House Rolls and a bit more for the Sister Schubert's Dinner Rolls. Garnish with toasted almonds.
serving: 16 servings
calories: 245.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 15.6 g
protein: 14.6 g
saturated fat: 3.2 g
cholesterol: 65 mg
sodium: 354 mg
fiber: 1.3 g
sugar: 3.9 g