Deep Dish Pumpkin Pie
This recipe does not use sugar but calls for molasses instead.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ¼ cups molasses
- ½ cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2. In a mixing bowl, blend together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt, molasses and baking mix. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust and bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
serving: 1 pie
calories: 435.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 66 g
protein: 7.9 g
saturated fat: 7.2 g
cholesterol: 91.1 mg
sodium: 536 mg
fiber: 2.8 g
sugar: 36.7 g