Healthy Ground Turkey and Vegetable Pasta Bake
Ground turkey, vegetables, and noodles are a winning combination when topped with Mexican cheese in this hearty baked casserole dish.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ⅓ cups rainbow rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar low-sodium spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 7x11-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini at a boil until cooked but not quite all the way done, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground turkey in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until all of the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning; remove from heat.
- 4. Combine drained rotini, sauce mixture, eggplant, and zucchini in the prepared baking pan. Mix well and top with shredded cheese.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, 30 to 45 minutes.
serving: 1 7x11-inch casserole
calories: 315.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 27.5 g
protein: 20.7 g
saturated fat: 5.4 g
cholesterol: 59 mg
sodium: 587 mg
fiber: 4.7 g
sugar: 9.7 g