Kimchi Goya Champuru
This is the simplest way to cook goya champuru, the famous Okinawa food made from bitter melon and atsuage (deep-fried tofu).
- 1 bitter melon, seeded and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces deep-fried tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ (12 ounce) can fully cooked luncheon meat (such as SPAM®), cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup kimchi
- ⅓ mochi rice cake
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1. Soak bitter melon in a bowl of lightly salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Combine drained bitter melon, tofu, luncheon meat, kimchi, and mochi in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 3. Whisk eggs, mayonnaise, sesame oil, soy sauce, and chicken stock powder together in a separate bowl. Pour over the bitter melon mixture. Cover bowl with a microwave-safe cover.
- 4. Microwave at 600W until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. Stir together.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 811.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 24.4 g
protein: 38.9 g
saturated fat: 15.3 g
cholesterol: 228.6 mg
sodium: 1898.5 mg
fiber: 7.6 g
sugar: 4.1 g