These are the best ever. Spicy and cheesy crackers that will just melt in your mouth. Use more or less spice to suit your tastes. Cayenne pepper may be used in place of the white pepper.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ cup butter, chilled
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons cold water, or as needed
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, white pepper and mustard. Cut in butter with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Stir in water one tablespoon at a time, until the dough is able to hold together. Press the mixture into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a rectangle that is 16x12 inches. The dough should be about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1x3 inch strips. Place the strips onto the prepared baking sheets spaced about 1 inch apart.
- 4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden and crispy. Cool completely before storing.
serving: 4 dozen
calories: 50.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 4 g
protein: 0.9 g
saturated fat: 2.1 g
cholesterol: 9.1 mg
sodium: 78 mg
fiber: 0.1 g