Baked Eggs in Avocado with Bacon
If you like avocado, you'll love this great new recipe idea featuring three of our favorite things – bacon, avocado, and eggs.
- Cooking spray
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 slices Pure Farmland® Uncured Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- ½ teaspoon Hot sauce of choice, for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking sheet or glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Scoop about an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons out of avocados to create a well for eggs.
- 3. Place avocados flesh-side up on prepared baking sheet or glass pan.
- 4. Gently crack 1 egg into each avocado well, making sure to keep yolk intact. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until eggs are desired temperature.
- 6. Top with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, and chopped chives. Garnish with paprika and hot sauce.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 305.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 9.7 g
protein: 10.4 g
saturated fat: 4.6 g
cholesterol: 200.3 mg
sodium: 384.5 mg
fiber: 7 g
sugar: 1.2 g