Coagulated Curdle Cakes with Foam
A lemony cake that is served with style in individual ramekins. This lemony cake should result in a creamy layer below a fluffy little cake layer. For vegans, be sure to get an egg free egg substitute.
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chick pea flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered egg substitute
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set out 8 (4 inch) ramekins on a baking tray.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, chick pea flour, 1 cup sugar, lemon zest, cardamom, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Combine the soy milk, water and lemon juice; stir into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- 3. In a separate large bowl, stir together the egg substitute and 1/4 cup water. Whip with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually mix in the sugar and fruit pectin while whipping until thick. Fold the egg substitute mixture into the batter, and fill ramekins about 3/4 full with the batter.
- 4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set and golden.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 171.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 37.9 g
protein: 3.6 g
saturated fat: 0.2 g
cholesterol: 11.4 mg
sodium: 71.2 mg
fiber: 0.9 g
sugar: 30.2 g