Easy Lasagna Without Ricotta
I decided to put this recipe online because every one loves my lasagna. It's so good and easy to make. You can use extra-lean ground beef if desired. I like to use spaghetti sauce with mushrooms.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup water
- 1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir flour, salt, and pepper into melted butter until flour is dissolved. Slowly whisk milk into butter-flour mixture until a thick white sauce forms, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add spaghetti sauce and nutmeg to ground beef; cook until spaghetti sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Spread a layer of meat sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover meat sauce layer with a layer of lasagna noodles; top with 1/3 the white sauce, 1/2 the remaining meat sauce, 1/3 the Mexican cheese blend, and 1/3 the Parmesan cheese, respectively. Repeat 1 more layer of each ingredient; top with 1 more layer lasagna noodles, remaining white sauce, Mexican cheese blend, and Parmesan cheese. Pour water around the edges of the dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until cheeses are melted, about 10 more minutes. Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 492.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 37.2 g
protein: 25.6 g
saturated fat: 13.1 g
cholesterol: 84.6 mg
sodium: 824.3 mg
fiber: 4.1 g
sugar: 13.8 g