Best 4th of July Patriotic Brownies
These are really delicious brownies. I adapted the brownie recipe from another recipe and added my own holiday pizzazz for our 4th of July celebration! Serve heated up or at room temperature. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 3 drops red food coloring, or as desired
- 3 drops blue food coloring, or as desired
- 3 tablespoons red and blue candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (such as M&M's®), or as desired, divided
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper with vegetable oil.
- 2. Melt butter in a microwave in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Pour in sugar, cocoa powder, water, and vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- 3. Pour eggs into batter and mix until batter becomes shiny. Stir in flour quickly until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- 5. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 30 minutes more.
- 6. Place 1/2 cup white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until well blended and mixture is smooth and yogurt-like in consistency.
- 7. Stir red food coloring into white chocolate chips until it reaches your desired shade.
- 8. Remove brownies from the refrigerator. Spread red-colored chocolate over the top in a stripe. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon red and blue candy-coated chocolate pieces before it hardens.
- 9. Melt another 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in a microwave. Stir until smooth.
- 10. Stir blue food coloring into white chocolate chips until it reaches your desired shade. Spread onto top of brownies for a second stripe. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon andy-coated chocolate pieces.
- 11. Melt remaining 1/2 white chocolate chips in a microwave. Spread onto top of brownies for a third stripe. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of candy-coated chocolate pieces.
- 12. Transfer brownies to a refrigerator to allow chocolate to harden for at least 30 minutes.
serving: 1 9-inch baking pan
calories: 427.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 49.3 g
protein: 5.5 g
saturated fat: 14.9 g
cholesterol: 75.7 mg
sodium: 47.1 mg
fiber: 3 g
sugar: 41.5 g