White Chicken Enchiladas
Yummy white chicken enchiladas!
- 3 (7 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers, divided
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small jalapeno pepper - stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces milk
- ½ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 12 ounces shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Rub chicken breasts on both sides with olive oil, then sprinkle with fajita seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 35 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Keep oven on.
- 4. Shred chicken, discarding any extra fat or tough bits. Place in a large bowl with nacho dip, onion, 1 can chile peppers, cream cheese, jalapeno, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, and salt to taste; mix to combine.
- 5. Combine condensed soup, remaining can of green chile peppers, milk, and Cheddar cheese in a pan over medium heat. Stir to combine and cook until sauce is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer 1/4 cup sauce to the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Leave remaining sauce in the pan.
- 6. Distribute filling evenly amongst tortillas, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons Mexican cheese on each. Transfer enchiladas to the baking dish and pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining Mexican cheese.
- 7. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
serving: 7 enchiladas
calories: 703.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 42 g
protein: 39.5 g
saturated fat: 21.2 g
cholesterol: 132.3 mg
sodium: 1989.6 mg
fiber: 3.3 g
sugar: 4.7 g