Easy Cherries Jubilee
Reach for cans: In a large skillet, heat canned tart cherries and cherry pie filling with frozen apple juice concentrate and some brandy. Add a bit more brandy (for a really good show, dim the lights on the way to the table) and ignite with a long wooden match. Voila -- Easy Cherries Jubilee.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can water-packed tart red pitted cherries, drained
- 1 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- ¾ cup brandy, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
- 1. Bring pie filling, cherries and concentrate to simmer in a 12-inch skillet. Add 1/2 cup of the brandy; simmer to blend and concentrate flavors, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in almond extract; pour in remaining brandy. Carefully ignite to burn off alcohol.
- 3. In each of eight bowls, put 1/2 cup scoop of ice cream; spoon sauce over ice cream. Serve.