I entertain frequently. My guests always expect me to create something new, a real showstopper! Here is my latest creation. Decorate with whipped cream just before serving.
- 1 ⅓ cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces dried apricots
- water to cover
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, or to taste
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine almond flour, brown sugar, and almonds in a bowl. Add melted butter; stir with a fork until the mixture resembles wet sand. Spread on the bottom of the parchment-lined pan.
- 3. Combine apricots and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer until very soft, about 10 minutes. Drain; mash apricots into a pulp. Add amaretto; mix well. Sweeten with 1 teaspoon white sugar.
- 4. Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, cornstarch, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed. Add eggs one at a time; mix well. Fold in 2 tablespoons of apricot pulp; reserve remainder for topping. Pour cheesecake batter into the pan, covering the crust.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until edges are puffed and surface of cheesecake is firm except for a small spot in the center that will jiggle when the pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes.
- 6. Beat 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 3 tablespoons white sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together until combined. Remove cheesecake from the hot oven; spoon topping over the surface and return cake to the oven for 8 minutes more.
- 7. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours. Top with remaining apricot pulp.
serving: 12 servings
calories: 536.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 39.9 g
protein: 10.8 g
saturated fat: 19.5 g
cholesterol: 130.1 mg
sodium: 221 mg
fiber: 2.9 g
sugar: 31.3 g