I was going through my recipe notebook yesterday and found this very simple and interesting recipe. I decided to try for today's breakfast. It is a very simple and easy to make recipe. The dosa was very soft, had a melt-in-mouth texture and absolutely delicious. My family loved it. Hope you all would like it too. Serve the dosa hot with milagai podi (chutney powder) or any chutney. You can serve along a dollop of butter, but that is optional.
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup semolina flour
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water, or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons oil, or as needed
- 1. Combine cucumber, semolina flour, coconut, rice flour, green chile, ginger, and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Add water and mix again. Let batter rest 30 to 45 minutes.
- 2. Heat a pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter into the pan and spread it out gently and uniformly; the batter will not be smooth, so it will not be possible to spread it thinly. Cook dosa until golden brown on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter.