Balsamic Beurre Noir
An incredibly easy and delicious balsamic butter sauce.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ⅓ cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced red chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat until it foams. Stir in garlic; cook until edges just start to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir balsamic vinegar into skillet, bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat until vinegar is reduced by 2/3 to create a thick sauce, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Stir in chile peppers and reduce heat to low.
- 4. Whisk in tomato paste, salt and black pepper. Remove skillet from the heat.
- 5. Stir in butter; whisk constantly until the butter melts and is completely incorporated into the sauce.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 167.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 7.1 g
protein: 0.5 g
saturated fat: 9.9 g
cholesterol: 41.3 mg
sodium: 52.4 mg
fiber: 0.1 g
sugar: 6.2 g