Home Style Macaroni and Cheese
Cheesy Cheddar and cream cheese sauce with a touch of Dijon over Macaroni pasta and topped with bread crumbs.
- 7 ounces macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 3. In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly; stirring occasionally. Mix in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Continue cooking until sauce is thickened. Add cooked macaroni and Cheddar cheese.
- 4. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. In small bowl mix together bread crumbs, butter and parsley; spread over macaroni and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 641.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 47 g
protein: 22.6 g
saturated fat: 24.8 g
cholesterol: 117.6 mg
sodium: 828.4 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 5.7 g