Peppermint Lace Cookies
These are just like the oatmeal lace cookies, with that cool taste of peppermint. Great with a hot cup of tea.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup crushed peppermint candies
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon very finely crushed peppermint candies, or as needed
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. Beat butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a large bowl until creamy and smooth; stir peppermint extract into butter mixture. Whisk flour and salt in a bowl and stir into butter mixture. Gently fold rolled oats and 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies into the dough.
- 3. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving 3 inches between cookies; press cookies 1/4 inch thick with your fingertips.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until cookies have lightly browned edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for at least 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
- 5. Stir 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon very finely crushed peppermint candies in a small bowl; transfer to a fine-mesh wire strainer. Dust cooled cookies with peppermint candy mixture.
serving: 3 dozen cookies
calories: 95.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 11.3 g
protein: 0.8 g
saturated fat: 3.3 g
cholesterol: 13.6 mg
sodium: 69.9 mg
fiber: 0.3 g
sugar: 5.5 g