Chipotle and Roasted Corn Salsa
My family loves this salsa. especially in a bowl with cilantro rice, chicken, sour cream, and cheese. The chipotle is the secret ingredient!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers - seeds removed and reserved, flesh minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- 1. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. Add corn to hot skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but not burned. Place in a large bowl.
- 2. Stir the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers into the corn; sprinkle in some of the reserved jalapeno seeds. Stir in the chipotle peppers, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Season with salt to taste.
serving: 20 servings
calories: 27.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 5.1 g
protein: 0.8 g
saturated fat: 0.1 g
sodium: 4.5 mg
fiber: 0.8 g
sugar: 1.4 g